**SUBMISSIONS FOR THIS COMPETITION HAVE NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUBMITTED THEIR BEAUTIFUL COCKTAILS.***
In celebration of LGBT Pride Month we have teamed up with Empress 1908 Gin to host a little cocktail competition!
The theme for the competition is: LIVE COLOURFULLY! We want you to create a cocktail based on what that means for you. Think PRIDE! Think COLOUR! Thinks of all of the fun things you can do with the Gin and any fun garnishes that you can create! The winner of the competition will receive a trip for two to Victoria, BC. This includes roundtrip flights, a two night stay at the Sidney Pier Hotel, Distillery Tour & tasting and more! This competition will run through Instagram and Facebook and is open to any bartenders and bar managers living in Ontario!
1) Create an original cocktail using Empress 1908 Gin based on the theme “live colourfully”. Your cocktail must include at least 1 ounce of Empress 1908 Gin. Get creative!
2) Photograph your cocktail! You will need to post TWO photos of your cocktail on your Instagram feed (NOT in the Stories) or on your Facebook feed in TWO different posts. Be sure to make sure yours posts are PUBLIC so we can see them. Each post must include the cocktail recipe and a blurb about what inspires you to Live Colourfully. For each post, you MUST tag @EmpressGin1908 and @BartenderAtlas . For each post you MUST include the hashtags #livecolourfully and #EmpressPrideTO . Photos can include things like you making the cocktail, someone holding your cocktail, passing it to the camera, etc plus a beautiful image showcasing the cocktail.
3) All submissions must be posted on Instagram by Friday, June 28th, 2019 at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be announced on Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019.
1) You must be a resident of Ontario and of legal drinking age.
2) Your Instagram profile MUST be public and if you are posting on Facebook, your posts must be set to PUBLIC.
3) You must be a bartender listed on Bartender Atlas. (Not listed yet? Fill out the form here.)
4) You must post TWO cocktail photos in three separate posts on your Instagram feed (NOT in the Stories) or on your Facebook feed as outlined above.
5) All recipes and names become the property of the organizers (Empress 1908 Gin).
6) Name of cocktail must not be the same as any classic cocktail name. Drink names including rude, lurid or words associated with narcotics, children or underage drinking are prohibited.
7) Your cocktail will need to be recreated so keep this in mind when choosing your ingredients.
1) The winner of the competition will be the competitor with the highest score. In case of a tie between two competitors the best score for the tasting part will be taken into account.
2) The rating scale will be divided as below for each contest (100 pts)
a) CREATIVITY (40 pts)
Cocktails will be judged firstly on their CREATIVITY! Really think about the theme: Pride! Living Colourfully! Don’t hold back, bring out the bells and whistles!
Inspiration 20 pts, Originality 15 pts, Name of the Drink 5 pts
b) TECHNICAL (20 pts)
The following will be considered: Replicability in Cocktail bar 10 pts and Technique 10 pts
c) THE DRINK (40 pts)
The cocktail needs to be delicious!
Aroma 10 pts. Taste/Mouthfeel/Finish 15 pts , Appearance 15 pts
***Bonus points for more social media posts than required two needed for entry!***
Empress Gin will be donating money in support of Rainbow Railroad for every entry and post made for the competition!