Contest Rules – Negroni Week Bartender Exchange Sweepstakes
Contest is open to participation to residents of Canada who are employed or have been previously employed as bartenders within the hospitality industry and are of legal drinking age in their respective province or territory at the time of the contest closing.
1. CONTEST SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Contest is Forty Creek Ltd., operating as Campari Canada (“Campari Canada” or the “Contest Sponsor”).
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Starts August 25, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 EST on September 4, 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the contest period, eligible participants will receive one (1) contest entry for completing the following steps: 1) Following @campariacademy_ca and @bartenderatlas on Instagram; 2) Liking the contest post on the @campariacademy_ca Instagram page (posted 08/25/2023); 3) tagging one (1) contact in the post, and 3) completing, to the best of their ability, the contest entry form linked in the bio section of the @campariacademy_ca Instagram account. There is a limit of one (1) contest entry per participant. All contest entries must be received before 11:59:59 EST on September 4, 2023.
4. GRAND PRIZE: There will be six (6) Grand Prizes awarded, consisting of airfare from the winner’s closest airport to one (1) of either Vancouver (British Columbia), Calgary (Alberta), Winnipeg (Manitoba), Toronto (Ontario), Montreal (Quebec), Halifax (Nova Scotia), two nights accommodation in a hotel, and a $750 Visa gift card. Approximate value of prize is $2500.00. Prize must be accepted on an “as is” basis. There is no substitution of the prize. Prize will be awarded on or before September 5, 2023. The contest winner(s) will be required to supply their own transportation to and from their departing airport. All other meals, travel insurance, items of personal nature and all other costs and expenses not specifically stated as included herein are the sole responsibility of the contest winner(s).
5. CONTEST DRAW: On September 5, 2023, at approximately 10:00 AM EST, six entries will be randomly drawn from among all entries received within the required time frame. The odds of an entry being drawn depend on the total number of entries so received. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for the inability of any potential entrant to successfully enter the draw for any reason. The Contest Group (as defined herein) is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots, etc.) and/or mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
6. PRIZE NOTIFICATION AND CONDITIONS: Each potential winner will be notified by phone, mail or e-mail. To be declared a winner, the potential winner drawn must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time, must sign the Contest Sponsor’s form of Declaration of Compliance and Release, and must otherwise comply with these official Contest rules. The potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of picture identification as part of the verification process. If the potential winner cannot be located or does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of notification, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize and the Contest Sponsor may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select by random draw another eligible entrant whom the Contest Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner. Awarding of the prize is subject to verification and compliance with the official Contest rules. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any e-mail, postal mail or overnight delivery returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address.
7. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to these official Contest rules and all decisions of the Contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of the Contest Sponsor), which shall be final and legally binding on the entrant in all matters relating to this Contest including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive the prize, the potential winner will be required to sign the Contest Sponsor’s form of Declaration of Compliance and Release which confirms compliance with these official Contest rules and releases the Contest Sponsor and its affiliated companies, Forty Creek Distillery Ltd. Operating as Campari Canada, We Are Social, Bartender Atlas, and Experiential Marketing Partnership Ltd. Doing business as XMC, the Grand Prize supplier and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Contest Group”) from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding and use of the prize, and any other releases or waivers required by the trip operator. The winner may also be required to sign a document in a form acceptable to the respective Provincial Liquor Control & Licensing Branches releasing said agencies, its directors, officers, employees and agents from all liability of any kind in connection with the contest, or occurring as a result of the prize being awarded. As a condition of being permitted to accompany the winner on the Grand Prize Trip, each guest of the winner must also sign the Contest Sponsor’s form of release documentation and any other releases or waivers required by the trip operator. Each potential winner also agrees to the use of his/her name, comments, city of residence, photograph and other likeness for publicity purposes, and grants to the Contest Sponsor any and all rights to said use, in any and all media, including without limitation, use on any website, without further compensation of any kind. Entrants who have not complied with the official Contest rules will be disqualified.
8. All entrants, winners and guests assume liability for injuries or damages caused, or claimed to be caused, in any way arising as a result of, or in connection with, participation in the Contest, including without limitation the acceptance, participation in, or use of, the prize awarded.
9. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, including but not limited to the submission of fraudulent entries, is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Any entrant or purported entrant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor and will forfeit any right to receive a prize.
10. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who are of legal drinking age in their province/territory of residence, and are currently employed or have been previously employed as bartenders within the hospitality industry.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, each winner acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Group: i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding or use of the prize, (ii) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the prize, (iii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iv) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance or use of the prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Contest.
12. The Contest Sponsor and its affiliates may, at their sole discretion and without liability, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, without notice, or to modify or suspend the Contest at any time if fraud, technical failures, errors in communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these official Contest rules.
13. The Contest Group is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, the official rules, the announcement of the winner, distribution of the prizes or technical malfunctions of telephone network lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, viruses, bugs, failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, or failure of any e-mail to be received by the Contest Sponsor or a participant for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. The Contest Group is not responsible for damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Contest.
14. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Contest Group be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Contest website or otherwise participate in the Contest.
15. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The respective Liquor Control & Licensing Boards are not a sponsor of, nor in any way connected with, the Contest and have no responsibility for, or liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to, the conduct of the Contest, including without limitation the awarding or use of the Grand Prize.
16. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official Contest rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive Provincial and Federal laws without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province in which they reside.
17. PERSONAL INFORMATION: Unless entrants otherwise indicate, the personal information gathered about entrants in the course of this Contest will be used solely by the Contest Sponsor for the administration of the Contest and in connection with any publicity relating to the Contest.